A collaboration among ISAC, ISBE and Governor Pritzker’s Office, the Rock the FAFSA campaign is designed to increase awareness among students and parents of the importance of completing a financial aid application, and to offer assistance to those who might need help completing an application.
Illinois high schools are encouraged to offer their students and families one or more online Financial Aid Application Completion Workshops during the week of March 15-19, either through ISAC or on their own. Schools or community organizations that would like to hold a virtual financial aid completion workshop with ISAC for Rock the FAFSA Illinois Week should schedule with ISAC now by emailing Abel.Montoya@Illinois.gov. If a school would like to host its own financial aid completion workshop, ISAC can provide learning materials.
ISAC has available an online Rock the FAFSA toolkit that includes:
- Information on how to schedule a Financial Aid Application Completion Workshop with ISAC
- Downloadable Rock the FAFSA logos
- Sample social media posts that schools can use, with downloadable memes
- Downloadable, customizable PDF event flyers for schools
- Downloadable post card in English/Spanish listing the documents students will need to complete a financial aid application at a Financial Aid Application Completion Workshop
Students and parents can also attend a free online ISAC statewide Financial Aid Completion Workshop—visit studentportal.isac.org/events for dates and times. Local ISACorps members are also available to provide free one-on-one virtual assistance for students and families in completing their financial aid application, studentportal.isac.org/isacorps.
The Illinois FAFSA Mandate requires that all high school seniors complete a financial aid application as a prerequisite to receiving a high school diploma. Find out more at: https://www.isac.org/pd/fafsa-mandate.html.